This healthy quinoa salad is great for a light lunch or dinner. Served warm or cold and boasting a pack of health benefits, this salad will keep you sustained all day.
The recipe was inspired by holistichabits, who can be found on instagram and YouTube under the same name. I just made a few adjustments in accordance to what I had on hand.
Quinoa: is packed full of protein, important for muscle growth and repair. It also contains twice as much fiber as most other common grains, assisting in keeping blood sugar levels stable. Plus, it’s gluten free!
Capsicum: caratenoids in peppers help maintain healthy vision whilst Vitamin C promotes immunity.
Parsley: is an excellent source of folic acid, one of the most important B vitamins. These are vital for optimal cardiovascular health and proper cell division.
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup of chopped raisins
- 1 carrot grated and finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum finely chopped
- A handful of parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1 small can of yellow corn
- 1 Tsp turmeric
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A handful of chopped almonds
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions and leave to the side.
- Chop all vegetables and combine with the quinoa.
- For the dressing, mix the turmeric, olive oil, maple syrup, salt and pepper together.
- Pour the dressing on top and garnish with the chopped almonds.
- Enjoy! This salad will keep for a few days if refrigerated.