Here in Australia, the weather is heating up just in time for the New Year. Summer is filled with days by the beach, the smell of mowed lawns and the nostalgic sounds of Mr. Whippy. For a healthier spin on icecream and icypoles to beat the summer heat, I’ve created these fruity icypoles.
- 3-4 passionfruits
- Coconut water
- Greek yogurt (we used passionfruit)
- Halve the passionfruits and scoop the pulp into the bottom of the icy pole moulds. They should go 1/4 of the way up.
- Pour coconut water as needed to fill 3/4 on the mould with coconut water.
- Place as many blueberries and raspberries as desired/can fit into the moulds, allowing them to sink throughout the liquid.
- Dollop a teaspoon of Greek yogurt on top of the liquid mixture and cover with the icy pole handles.
- Allow to freeze for 2 hours before enjoying. Run the moulds under hot running water to loosen the icypole.
These icypoles are kid friendly and are a great way to get them involved in the kitchen. They are so easy to make in advance and can be stored in the freezer until needed. Plus, they are full of healthy fruit and coconut water which is packed full of essential electrolytes.